Tuesday, August 13, 2013

F1 Magazines


When I travel or just like to read a magazine it's always Formula One related. The picture above shows just a few that I found lying around my house. In the middle there's a huge stack of F1 Racing (all of the 2012 issues and some from 2013). 

I used to subscribe to F1 Racing but not anymore. Now I just buy them from a store if I manage to find an issue. It's hard to find the magazine if you don't live in London for example. When I was there I saw them in every supermarket. But in other countries you have to look for them in bookstores for instance. 

I remember when I read my first F1 Racing magazine in 1997. An issue was accidentally delivered to my house and I couldn't resist. I was a teenager with no money so when could I ever read a magazine like that? 

I don't remember what they were talking about in that issue but I bet it had to do with, Villeneuve, Hill, Schumacher and Häkkinen. Back then everything was about them. Just like today it's all about Vettel, Räikkönen, Alonso, Hamilton and Button.

There is a few Finnish Formula One magazines as well. Actually they are bonus issues that you can buy together with other newspapers. In the Scandinavian countries there isn't really any F1 magazines so basically I bought everything there was.

It's not very hard to guess which magazines are from Finland. Finns who don't follow Formula One at all know who Kimi is and that's why he is on the covers. Some people hate motor sports but they might just be interested of Kimi Räikkönen.

I have found some magazines in Finland about motor racing in general but not a single one that would be just for F1 fans. If I am wrong then please send me a message. I like to read in finnish as well and not only in english.

All in all I prefer magazines more than reading from the internet. Sitting in front of the computer hurts my eyes sometimes when reading a magazine is relaxing. You can sit in your favorite chair or just chill on the sofa.

That's what I'm gonna do right now! See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment