Friday, November 1, 2013

4th day in Dubai


Today I went looking for Formula One related shops and stores. The best ones I found were at Dubai Mall of course because you can find almost anything there.

At first I found a Ferrari store with all kinds of shirts, caps, pants, miniature cars etc.




I wanted this shirt:



..but the salesman said that they don't have those at all. Weird though that he was wearing one of those shirts.

Then almost next door there was a shop that sold random motor racing stuff. DVD's, VHS-tapes, books, clothes, miniatures etc.


I had been in this shop 2 years earlier so I had a pretty good picture what I could find there.
When I made my previous visit I bought 2 DVD's and a VHS tape. The cashier told me that ”the bigger one is a VHS and not a DVD”. I laughed and told her that it is not a problem. They are cheap as hell!

This time I also bought a cheap VHS-tape. Let's hope that my VCR still works cause it hasn't been in use for a while. I also bought a DVD with an old Grand Prix from the 70's. I'll tell some more later about the stuff I bought when I get home.

But If you ever are at the Dubai Mall go to the top floor and check the map for the Ferrari store and Exoto Tifosi for random motor racing merchandise. Both of the stores are located next to the Sega Republic which is very hard to miss.

On Friday it all begins at last, the Abu Dhabi GP weekend, but not for me yet. I am going there on Saturday and Sunday.

Jay-Z, Muse and Depeche Mode are also performing this weekend at the Yas Marina track which is a nice bonus! Anyone who has a GP-ticket may see the concert for free.

In 2011 Paul McCartney was performing after the Grand Prix but I didn't have time to enjoy the concert. I had to get back to Dubai and it seems that this might just be the case this year as well but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment