Thursday, October 31, 2013

The 3rd day in Dubai




In my last post I said that I was planning to visit the Dubai Autodrome in Dubai's Motorcity.
It's a track that hosts an A1 Grand Prix every year. The Autodrome was also going to host winter testings for Formula One in 2014 but at the end Yas Marina got the honours.

I went there yesterday but it was closed and looked kind of spooky if you ask me.



So that plan kind of failed but anyways I took these pictures from the outside:




On the other side of the road I saw another track where people were driving go-karts.


I took several pictures but I can post those some other time when I get back to Europe.

After all of this I was a bit disapointed that I couldn't get inside the Autodrome area. So I jumped in a cab and went to Dubai Mall (the biggest shopping mall in the world).

At the mall I saw a big screen saying that Romain Grosjean is going to be there at 6:00PM.
The time was 6:45. Just my luck! So I couldn't visit the Autodrome and now this..

I continued to walk through the mall and stopped when I saw a small stage. There was a guard all by himself clearly waiting for something to happen. I asked him if there was anything going on and he told me that Lewis Hamilton is coming to the mall in 30 minutes.

It was going to be a short interview and then they had this Blackberry thing where people could send their questions to Lewis with their mobilephones.

Of course I waited the 30 minutes and I was standing almost at the front. Here's a picture:


Lewis also took a couple of pictures of the crowd, so if you see a picture like that on his twitter it is possible that I am in that picture.

I filmed the whole thing with my Canon 600D in FullHD. The footage is quite long so I can't post it right now from the hotel. I will do that later when I get back home and maybe edit it a little as well.

So that was it for today and I'll get back to you tomorrow with new updates from Dubai.

No comments:

Post a Comment