Thursday, August 15, 2013

F1 TREASURES III

I went for a walk with my dog and then I noticed a flea market less than a mile from my house.
Of course I had to go and check out the books as always. 

The first book I grabbed in my hand was a Formula One dictionary from the year 2001. Yes an alphabetical F1 dictionary about everything!

The price was only 1 euro.


The book is in finnish but fortunately I understand that language as well.

Earlier I said that in Finland every F1 related book and magazine cover always has a Finn on it. Finnish people would rather do an interview with Tommi Pärmäkoski (Vettel's former personal trainer) than the champion himself. It has nothing to do with Vettel it's just that the people are very patriotic.

On this book cover you can see Kimi Räikkönen in his Sauber.

And on the back cover you can see Mika Häkkinen in his McLaren. He was my favorite F1 driver after Ayrton Senna had passed away in 1994.


When you open the book you can see Mika Häkkinen again in a little bit better picture. 
Not a big surprise!


Then we have the introduction and it's written by the first Finn to ever drive in a Grand Prix.
This is Leo Kinnunen.


He's just saying that when he was driving in the 70's there wasn't any good information on motor sports in Finland. Now there is books like this one and all the GP's are shown on TV!

That's all I found this time. 

Now it's time for me to go and read this!

No comments:

Post a Comment